I did a short post last week about how I’ve been slacking, and I set a deadline to finish editing Shift by October 7th. To give you an idea, thats editing 500 pages, double spaced, in about 2 1/2 weeks. Did I mention it’s 2 major edits? One for adding additional character development, smoothing and thickening the plot, and some major additions to the last half of the book. Two, for polishing everything; Flow, dialogue, sentence/paragraph/chapter structure, characters, and grammar/spelling.
Well, I’m happy to say I buckled down and as of yesterday, I have nearly 50% of the book 100% beta ready. All my major re-writing is happening in the last half of the book, so I definitely have my work cut our for me but I’m going to make a valiant effort to meet this goal.
If I do have to go into the weekend to finish it up, I’m okay with that. After all, as I said before, I don’t want to rush just for the sake of my own ridiculous deadlines, but we’re getting closer and I’m really happy with the story right now. Let’s hope the betas don’t tear it apart too bad!
Happy Monday, everyone. Hope you’re having a better hair day than me.