I Love It, I Love It Not

Posted by on Apr 12, 2011 in Uncategorized | 3 comments

Just a quick post today to get a few things out there.

First, Exiled officially has a cover artist. I’ll have some roughs next week and make a decision which route to go. Hopefully in the next two weeks my baby will have a face and I can share it with all of you!

Second, I made a post on Twitter yesterday about the love/hate relationship I have with my writing. Sometimes I’m absolutely thrilled with it. It’s witty, sharp, exciting and flows perfectly. Why is it then, that sometimes I read what I’ve written and I hate it? I’ve read it a dozen times and I loved it 60% of the time, but the other 40% I’m sure I’m doomed to fail. 

Is this as simple as being “The way of the artist?” Does it comes with the territory of creating something? Answers to these questions I do not have, but I do know, I don’t like it.

Do you love the work you’ve done one day, only to hate it the next? Do you take some time and come back to it, finding you love it again, or do you tear it apart in your moment of disgust and  revise it altogether? You tell me!

    3 Comments

  1. Being a self-critical person of the worst kind, I can relate to this. I will be thoroughly impressed one day, thinking Bram Stoker has nothing on me, the next day I'm banging my head against the wall like Dobby the house-elf! And all this over the same story! I used to think I had serious head issues, but now its a relief to know I'm not the only one!
    By the way I only came across your blog today, and its really awesome. Looking forward to seeing the cover of your book.
    Nisha
    http://nmwritersbloq.wordpress.com

  2. I'll admit I too, am happy I'm not alone. I thought I was walking the fine line of crazy…Well I probably still am, who knows? Thanks for your thoughts. I definitely look foward to sharing the cover!

Talk To Me